Hi, I’m Alan, and I Explain Modern Buddhism.
If you are looking to understand Buddhism in our modern world, you have come to the right place!
New to Buddhism? I recommend you read my article “Buddhism, a Quick Intro“, check out my “Top 5 Books for Buddhist Beginners & Newbies“, and explore my “Basics in Buddhism“ series of articles.
- My mission is to help others understand modern Buddhism through my articles, books, videos, and graphics.
- What is this site all about? I wanted to understand Buddhism in a way that makes sense to me, and how it can apply to many different parts of our daily lives. My website allows me to share what I have learned, and my thoughts and practice, with you.
- Get new article alerts by email! Click here to subscribe and be alerted whenever I write a new article (No spam!)
- Have a question, comment, idea, or complaint? Send me a message by clicking here.
- I am a Buddhist layperson, not a Buddhist monastic or theologian. My articles are my personal experiences, opinions, research, thoughts, and insight, which I share with others. My school of Buddhism is Mahayana, however I was Theravada for many years. Learn more in my legal notices and disclaimers.