Hi, I’m Alan, and I Explain Modern Buddhism.
- If you are looking to understand Buddhism in our modern world, you have come to the right place!
- My mission is to help others understand modern Buddhism through my articles, videos, graphics, and books.
- What is this site all about? I wanted to understand Buddhism in a way that makes sense to me, and how it can apply to many different parts of our daily lives. My website allows me to share what I have learned, and my thoughts, with you.
- Are you new to Buddhism? I would recommend you read my article “Buddhism, a Quick Intro“, check out my “Top 5 Books for Buddhist Newbies“, and explore my “Basics in Buddhism“ series of articles.
- Get new article updates! Click here to sign up for email updates and get notified only when I write a new article on Buddhism!
Who Am I?
- I have been a Buddhist for over 30 years in Theravada and various schools in Mahayana. I officially took refuge at Hsi Lai Temple in 2012 (my Dharma name is “Pu Li”), and the Five Precepts in 2017. I plan on taking the Bodhisattva vows in 2018.
- I am a Buddhist layperson, not a Buddhist monastic or theologian. My articles are my personal experiences, opinions, research, thoughts, and insight, which I share with others. Learn more in my legal notices and disclaimers.
- My spiritual Dharma teachers are Ven. Master Hsing Yun and Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh. However I enjoy a wide variety of teachings from those of many different schools in Buddhism in Theravada and Mahayana.
- Let’s keep in touch! Be sure to sign up to receive email notifications of new articles, and follow me on social media.
Thank you for taking the time to contact me! Please understand that I cannot answer every message sent to me (I have a full time job, which is not this website). You can send me your questions, comments, suggestions, or concerns, using this contact form. If your question is related to an article on this site, kindly add the name of the article or the URL/address in the subject or message so I know which one you are referring to.