Hi, I’m Alan, and I love to write about Buddhism.
If you are looking to understand Buddhism in an easy and fun way, and my experiences with it, you have come to the right place!
- If you are new to Buddhism, my intro article is: Buddhism, a Quick Intro, and my most popular article is: Top 5 Books for Buddhist Newbies.
- My articles are often meant to be general in nature when it comes to Buddhism, meaning I cover as many schools and thoughts as possible. However, this does not mean I would not focus on my personal thoughts and beliefs, or the schools I have found a connection with. My Buddhist faith is with Humanistic Buddhism (a Mahayana school) as taught by Ven. Master Hsing Yun and Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh.
A little about me:
- I have been a Buddhist for close to 30 years, and have been in many traditions such as Theravada, and also Mahayana. I officially took refuge at Hsi Lai Temple in 2012 (my Dharma name is “Pu Li”). I am a Mahayana Buddhist (Humanistic Buddhism), and that is often reflected in my articles.
- I am not a Buddhism teacher, researcher, or scholar. My articles are my personal experiences, opinions, research, thoughts, and insight, which I share with others. You are free to read them, or not 😉 Learn more below in my legal notices.
- I love productivity and technology (and often together). How does Buddhism relate to productivity (and organization)? You’ll find out shortly! As a productivity specialist, I will let you in on the secrets to living a life of Zen-like productivity and organization that makes your life easier and better.
Follow Alan on Social Media
The following legal notices applies to all creations by Alan Peto, to include articles, books, and other documents on this website (www.alanpeto.com) and videos that are posted to his channel on YouTube:
The author (Alan Peto) does not assume any responsibility for the use or misuse of information contained in this website. This website is intended for academic study only.
- This is a personal website (“blog”), and the articles are the personal opinion of Alan Peto. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of my employer, or any other institution.
- Alan Peto may keep updating old posts on a regular basis and is not bound to explicitly state all corrections made.
- Articles are not peer reviewed or endorsed, unless otherwise specified in the article itself.
- The information is based on the personal experience, research, opinions, viewpoints, and beliefs of the author (Alan Peto) and cannot be duplicated exactly by readers in all circumstances. The contents of this website is not intended to replace professional legal, medical, technical, religious, or other guidance. In all cases, it is recommended that readers/viewers seek the advice and care of professionals if available.
- While every caution has been taken to provide my readers with the most accurate information and honest analysis, please use your discretion before taking any decisions based on the information in this blog. Author will not compensate you in any way whatsoever if you ever happen to suffer a loss/inconvenience/damage because of/while making use of information in this blog.
- Although Alan Peto has made every effort to ensure that the information in this website was correct at press time, he does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions result from negligence, accident, or any other cause. This website is not intended as a substitute for professional consultation. Before practicing the skills, techniques, methods, and other information described in this website, be sure that you discuss with an appropriate professional.
- The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional advice, teaching, or instruction.
Although this website is not a medical website, sometimes an article (blog post) may contain some information relating to the medical field. In such instances, please note the following disclaimer:
- This content is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease, or as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with your advising physician before for starting any treatment for a medical condition. Alan Peto shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed in this site. The statements made on this site have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- The reader should always consult his or her healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for their own situation or if they have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan. Reading the information on this website does not create a physician-patient relationship. Alan Peto assumes no responsibility or liability for how readers of this site choose to use the information contained within.
Copyright Notice and Copyright Grievances
- This website and the articles and pages within it are Copyright © Alan Peto (www.alanpeto.com), 1994 to current date.
- Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
- Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Alan Peto with appropriate and specific direction to the original content (contact for further assistance, or refer to social share buttons on each article to link to that article).
- Reproduction of any article or image on any other site is prohibited (articles are available on www.alanpeto.com only).
- Any referenced videos, images, article excerpts, and book excerpts, are copyright their original owner and identified as such (refer to owner for additional copyright information as well as any Creative Commons licenses).
- Copyright Grievances: Contents/Images/information sourced from external sources are given due credit wherever possible/necessary. If you have any copyright related issues with any of the contents in this blog please let me now (with all necessary evidence as applicable). Such concerns will be addressed with all due considerations at the earliest. Every precaution is taken to protect third party identity. If you name/photo has appeared in this blog and you wish to get it removed, please let me know.
- Alan Peto’s website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means Alan may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about. Alan’s editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
- Amazon Affiliate Program: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
- All photos on this website, unless otherwise noted, are my original creations and are Copyright Alan Peto.
- Other photos are often from Flickr users under a Creative Commons license, or through Shutterstock where they have been legally purchased for use on this website only
- This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact me at: http://www.alanpeto.com/contact.
- This blog does not accept any form of advertising, sponsorship, or paid insertions. We write for our own purposes. However, we may be influenced by our background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.
- The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
- This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
- Effective December 2016, comments have been turned off on this website.
- You can still comment on social media posts for this article, and if you have a question or concern, you can contact me: http://www.alanpeto.com/contact